26 July 2013

Day 1 - After surgery

May 3rd, 2013

Waking up, the first thing I notice is that I have no pain!!!! What is going on? How can I possibly be in no
pain whatsoever…I don’t really understand?
I move around quite comfortably today, but am still keeping a low profile and not really going out.
I have a tendency to over do things, so I’m conscious that I really just need to do nothing and allow myself
the time to rest. Someone is able to pick my kids up for me and bring them home, so I feel relieved.
I have told my kids that I have a really bad back. I feel bad not being completely honest with them, but one
day I’ll explain. They are too little to even begin to understand, nor would I know how to explain what’s
just happened. All they need to know that mummy is fine and will recover soon.
I drift in and out of sleep all day and watch TV. How good is it, that I’m able to be still, I keep thinking.
My breasts still have a tightness to them, but I honestly feel no pain at all.
I have a shower later in the day and remove the surgical tape over my incisions.
This is the first time I am able to see my scars and they are neat and much smaller than I expected them
to be. I am feeling great and am so happy. My size is fantastic and I can’t wait to go bra shopping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment